Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Journey Rekindles

I commenced my trading path in by trading Forex, in Oct-2008, the period where the stock market crashed tremendously. I was totally a blur newbie at that time. I opened a real cash account with local broker and traded solely based on my bloody "gut feel". Needlesss to say, "losing trades" were my return. My account shrunk 20%. I blamed on bad luck.

I knew, I was gambling and I could not trade in this way. Then, I sought help from my uncle, a savvy and experienced trader, to receive a proper education on Forex. I got to know some useful indicators and charting. I also started reading mountains of books in Forex Technical Analysis, Candlesticks patterns, Fibonacci and etc. By pointing the blame to the costly commission of my first broker, I opened another account in another broker which was commission free. I thought I was to attack the market again... Due to the beginner's luck, I was able to gain a 'two-week' constant small profit. In the following week, I suffered 5 consecutive days losing trades and wiped out all my previous profit. I blamed on market. I started getting anxious and traded emotionally by compromising my stop loss and exit plan. I In a week more, my new account shrunk 30%.

I got nothing to blame again... I got proper education from my uncle. He repeatedly reminded me to put stop loss and not compromising it. I did not follow. During actual trading, I let my emotion overrode. I have read a lot of trading books but I applied none of the techniques. I began to realize another extremely crucial trading factor, psychology. I knew I needed to have a "pause" in my trading journey to obtain a complete trading education.

I went back to my uncle again. He recommended me to read a book called "Secret of Millionaire Investor" and introduced me the 'Wealth Academy Trader' -- a proper financial education, trained by a Singapore top coach, Conrad Alvin Lim. After reading Conrad's book, I realized that there were so much knowledge I still need to acquire before qualifying myself as a "trader". I attended Conrad's preview and signed up for the WAT (Wealth Academy Trader) in Jan-2009. I began learning everything from ground zero again.

In WAT, I built my foundation in trading. I learnt the proper trading psychology. I learnt how to use different financial instruments such as options, futures, Forex and etc. I learnt a solid Technical Analysis and reliable Fundamental Analysis. I learnt money flow. I learnt how to enter and most importantly, how to exit. I learnt trading defensively. I learnt "trade to trade well".... These are the things which I have neglected before. Now I realize that how stupid I was previously. My savvy uncle spent years to master the art of trading and I thought I could be like him in months??? You see how ridiculous I was.

3 months passed. After much hard work, I am now a graduate from WAT. I now restart my trading journey over again. In other words, my trading journey rekindles. I commence by practising in paper trading. Not until I've finished polishing my trading skills in paper trading, I will not trade the real money.

Thank you uncle, without you as my mentor, I won't get back to the right track of trading. Thank you Conrad, without you as my coach, I won't get to know the real art of trading.

I am a trader now.

No comments:

Post a Comment